9/25/2020 Lone Jack 100: Update on the roofing and chase project
- Siding crew has been working hard for the past few weeks. There was minimal rot repair needed and 1.5 of the end wall chases are completed. There are 2 interior chases that need to be sided.
- Roofing crew was delayed due to schedule conflicts, arrived on sept 21 to start tearing off the back (deck side) of building. In 2 days they had all torn off, venting corrected and water tight. See attached picture.
- Sept 23-25 was a real “gutter-flooder” with over 5 inches of rain! Both crews did not work during extreme weather conditions.
- All crews will be back next week when the weather is forecasted to be better.
Estimated time of completion for entire building is around October 9th.Please do not rent your unit during this process.
9/25/2020 Mountain Boy 200: Painting Update
- Sept 14-18, building was dried out from the previous week’s power washing and they masked and painted the front (entry side).
- Sept 21 and 22, starting masking and painting the deck side of building. Windows and doors are still covered with plastic.
- Sept 23-25, project was paused during the wet weather. It was a real “gutter-flooder” with over 5 inches of rain this week.
- Sept 28-Oct 2 weather is projected to be dry and warm and they should be able to finish building.
NOTE: Please remember to not rent your unit during this painting process.
09/15/2020: Mountain Boy 200 BUILDING PAINTING BEGINS. The building was power washed the week of September 8. One week dry time has lapsed. The painters have began masking off windows and doors in preparation for exterior painting. The process will take 2 weeks to complete. As stated before, there will be limited access to units during this time and please do not rent.
9/15/2020: Lone Jack 100 Building ROOF TEAR OFF BEGINS. Topside roofing will start to tear off cedar shingles today. The chimney chases are looking good and are in the process of being covered with the new Hardie Shingles.
09/08/2020: Lone Jack 100 Building Chimney Chase & Roofing project will begin. Estimate timeline to completion 6-8 weeks.
08/14/2020: Homestake 400 Building Roofing project including exterior building painting is complete.
07/27/2020: Mountain Boy 200 Building siding tear off begins. Estimated timeline for Chimney Chase & Roofing Project to completion 6-8 weeks.Exterior buidling painting to begin after Labor Day (Sept. 8). Windows and doors will be taped off preventing access to units.
Here are some precautions and tips to prepare your unit for the work that is about to take place:
• Everything should be removed from the chimney walls above your fireplace. Construction on the roof causes vibration that can cause framed artwork and other hanging items to fall
• Please also remove all items off your mantle to avoid any breakage.
• When skylights are being replaced in upper units, debris and dust may fall down. Kindly remove any furniture underneath your skylight OR protect belongings with a drop cloth under your skylight for the duration of the replacement process.
• We recommend that you do not rent or use your managed unit at all during the weekdays that your building will be under construction. Limited use on weekends may be possible.