While the near record snowfalls on Mt Baker continue to pile up, we haven’t had a lot of snow at Snowater, so our roads and pathways have been easy to navigate this winter, while the skiers and boarders are having a ball on the mountain.
As a safety measure, our maintenance crew have installed stairs going up to the 200 and 100 Building from the road. In addition, the wooden stairs beside the Recreation Building are currently being replaced with concrete pavers.
Thanks to the budget support of Snowater owners, we are continuing to update and upgrade our buildings and grounds. Here’s some highlights of the capital improvements since the last blog (photos are shown below):
- Sport Court resurfaced, repainted and equipped with new basketball hoops
- Log Cabin Tennis Courts were repainted and lined for tennis and pickle ball
- Children’s Play Area in the Recreation Building was updated
- Both recreation buildings received new duroid roofs and new paver decks with large chess and checker boards
- Drinking fountain was installed in the Clubhouse pool area
- We have taken delivery of a new Skid Steer (all-purpose vehicle) that enables our staff to do a lot of our own heavy lifting on the property
And here is what’s on the books for this spring and summer:
- Path lighting from the Log Cabin to the Clubhouse
- Rebuild property fence between us and Snowline from hilltop to the road
- Clearing out some trees left over from last year’s winter storm
- Refurbish and repurpose some racquetball courts with paint, lights & floors
- Propane BBQ’s and fire pit at the Log Cabin
- Envisioning Meeting in August to brainstorm what the future could hold
What you would like to see? Please leave your Comment.
New stairs to 200 and 100 Buildings
Sport Court Resurfaced with new Basketball hoops
Sport Court lined for pickleball
Children’s Play Area Renovation
New Roofs on both recreation buildings with game board on decks
Drinking fountain in Clubhouse Pool
Our new Skid Steer